Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Trip

Why is it that a trip to India always results in more home sickness? This time I was able to take 3 weeks off to be there. Invariably I was playing with the idea of postponement but eventually left on the day I was supposed to leave. Too many things to do too many people to meet at least satisfied that I was able to complete half the things I planned. Just staying indoors chatting with my mother and arguing with my father sitting in the front porch during evening times with a warm breeze which includes the flying mosquitoes and late night chat with my brother is all I wanted for a perfect vacation getaway.

M is now in India and will be returning soon with Sandhya and Divya who we had left there to spend more time with the 2 sets of grand parents. They seem to like their stay so far sans the minor discomforts namely the mosquitoes and squat type toilets in some places they visit. Soon, I will be once again settling down in to the routine grind ...drop off, pickup..day care...school... work...packing lunches..swim classes..music classes...

surprisingly I'm looking forward to it after nearly a 2 month break from them, like the excitement and the anticipation we have towards the first day of school after summer holidays...hmmm, I know it sounds too cliched..the truth is I will be yearning for another vacation exactly 1 week after it starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment