Friday, March 18, 2016

God Of Small Things..

I started with this book for the 7th time. I never get tired of this one.. I get a craving once in few years to read. There is no other writing that I have read so far, that has impacted me in a way Arundati's God Of Small Things did to me at various levels of emotions.

I get choked every time I come to the point where Rahel and Estha gets separated. Every time I get amazed at the powerful narration. This is the only book where I went right back to the first page when the story ended to start again. You need to, when you are reading for the first time, when all the loose ends gets tied, when you have all the scenes in your mind racing, you have to go back to the first page inevitably once you reach the last.

I read this first time when I was 22 yrs. The layers and depth of the story keep peeling out every time  I read as I get older.

I got mesmerized by the style of writing, the way a location is described or the way emotions are braided and displayed in each character. Most of it all I can relate to, more so with Ammu as I age.







No comments:

Post a Comment