Monday, January 26, 2009

A moment to cherish..

As I was mixing up the salt for the idli batter Sandhya and Divya sat next to me to watch it as usual. They like watching me making chapathi dough or like this mixing the batter which I do with my bare hands. Their hands will be on alert ready to put in to the dough even if I miss a second not watching. I'm sure it looks like play dough for them and as normal kids they like messing up. They like to watch me so much when doing this they never fail to ask me "Can I put my hands in and do it" and which I dismiss with a "no" smile. This time in addition to the smile I said " oh, I will be very happy if you wanted to do this - preparing the idli batter and the chapathi dough - when you are grown up too" for which Divya said "ma when we are grown up then you will become a grandma right, then you should make these and cook for me when you are visiting me..just like how patti does now when she visits us". I said "OK, that’s a nice observation Divya , I will cook for you don't worry" as I was saying this Sandhya interrupted me " Divya, amma will be old when we are grown up so she cannot do all the work, we have to cook for her and take care of her" I stopped everything to enjoy that moment.

My sweet Sandhya, I don't know if you will go by your words actually when you are older but thank you for just giving this moment to treasure. With all the possibility/odds that this blog still exists and in case you happen to read this I wanted you to know that I will cherish your words for my life

No comments:

Post a Comment