Monday, February 2, 2009

So much for that...

As it got late for Mani to arrive from work two days back both the girls started asking me why he hasn't come yet. As I was too immersed in washing the dishes I was thinking to myself may be some problem at work, at the same time heard Sandhya say may be he went to India. Surprised I turned to her and asked why all of a sudden she came up with this India stuff. She said that M told them that morning that he might go to India to see his dad. It was true that M had been contemplating about a short trip to India. So then I started to play along their lines and said indeed he has gone to India. Both of them were upset and said they miss him and that they wanted him back asap which was infact entertaining to me. I cheered them saying " thats ok, any way you both cry when he wakes you up in the morning, and say you don't like appa to give you time outs..we can have fun having Girl's day at home until he comes.."."No No, but he also takes us to the park and get us candy some times " and Divya finally asked me "but ma,don't YOU miss him too?" I playingly said "No I don't" "but he said he missed you when you went to India when Chennai thatha was sick last year..." I was totally knocked out at that statement. Knowing about him, who is so not of this kind, expressing feelings in words and who is notoriously bad in remembering birthdays or even our anniversary it was very hard for me to believe.."really.. really did he say that Divya" as I was thinking Divya said " Yes he did.." and then casually added " ...when he was folding the laundry he said if you were here he doesn't have to do this"

No comments:

Post a Comment