Thursday, March 12, 2009

Language convinience..

After I started blogging there is this thread running at the background of my mind as I go through my day and noting to myself "oh I have to blog this.." but lack of time to properly sit down and type the contents hit me on the face and by the time I get around or force myself to post something I lose the steam of what I initially had in my mind.Last week I volunteered for book reading at Sandhya's class. Public school system here encourages high parental involvement and with my work and commute I was never able to do it to my satisfaction, and so when they called for this book reading thing I was only eager to participate. I made her choose a book from home which I can read for a group of kids from her class. Sandhya was part of the first group that came to me. She was prmptly showing off to other kids "hey-my-mom-is-here" excitement chatting non-stop, talking about the book, about me and what not. After a while it was getting uncontrollable..she was laughing too loud and interrupting me constantly which made other kids to also distract and I at the other end smiling and telling her nicely to stop so I can go ahead with reading with all the patience I had. At one point she stretched her leg and tried to lie down on the floor with her hand propped up....this is it I thought..but realizing my environment where I'm supposed to not loose my cool, for a second I was on the verge of taking off from the location as fast as I can..hmm.. you won't know how I empathized with the Kinder teachers..in fact all of them in teaching profession at that moment, I sternly and slowly said this with a big smile still on my face " Sandhya, udhai venuamaa?" (which apparently translates to "do you need a spank") haa...that did the trick and the other kids around her did not have a clue what I said and was I relieved when I came to work and sat at my desk..you bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment