Monday, March 26, 2018

The weekend was little productive. I did some lawn work, so strenuous. I actually planned to mow the lawn but did not get anywhere near it. Just scrapping the fallen leaves took me almost 1 1/2 hrs, given 3 weeks of continuous storm and rain. Then I lost steam and gave up. But at least the lawn is clean of leaves and ready to be mowed as soon as Mani arrives. I also did some re potting of in door plants which was long overdue and started with vegetable garden. Seeded in small cups inside home as still the temperatures overnight are unpredictable, might go below freezing. Then the usual stuff, groceries and workouts. I was regular with the bootcamp classes last week. thumb up, but not so regular with meditation, thumb down there. Unfortunately I was too tired 3 days to get up early, and unfortunately I had early work calls starting from 8:30, which is when I come back home after dropping Sandhya at school, so just slipped. Need to get back to regularly. Thought of going out to a different cuisine with the girls before Mani comes back as once he is back family dinners outside are usually only Indian  or Chinese. But it not happen, girls were lazy to get dressed and go out and eat. They wanted me to go eat and get take out for them, I said no. Said I would rather cook, as the whole "going out to eat" is a way to spend time together in a different setting.

Other then that its usual weekend. Stayed home mostly, watched some old K.Balachander movies :). Navagraham .. was ok except for Nagesh, its usual KB touches here and there but not that impact full.

Work is ramping up again. Back to back calls and an urgent deliverable that came up late last week which is highly visible at the management higher echelons. Driving it along with 2 other escalations. Glad Mani is back I can skip leaving work at 3 pm, it is kind of distracting to get out when in middle of something at 3 pm and then log in again from home. I usually just give up if there is no meting and log on later in the night to catch up which was also reason I was tired to get up early

Next week its Spring break. Have not planned anything for now. The girls asked the genuine question, "what if appa does not want to go anywhere because he just traveled? shall we still go somewhere?" I wanted to take a break but not too much inclined to travel anywhere. Let's see how it goes, may be an unplanned trip to the SF city possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment