Thursday, June 19, 2008

Pet or Baby you choose it..

The kids have been asking us to buy them a pet ... a dog..a cat or fishes anything and I used to joke back to them that I already have 2 puppies to take care and I cannot have 1 more..they did not understand my statement completely initially and would ask me back "but where are the puppies?" and then after a while when they started to understand what I really meant they would say "No, but we want real puppies to play with" I told them that when they both are ready to take the responsibility of taking care of the pet I would buy them. Also of late they have been seeing new babies born..siblings to their friends(guess 5 years is an age mark to go for the second one among desis here) and they started asking questions like why there is no baby coming to our home for which me and M would explain that its up to God to present families with a baby and so far they seem to take that message well. This morning I happen to drop them at their school since M had some early morning meetings..I think Divya had spotted a car with a dog in it sticking its head out...while I was seriously listening to the gas prices...weather and traffic on the radio she suddenly and fiercely asked me "Amma, I want a pet or a baby to play with..I'm asking for so long...can we go get it this week end" I was totally taken offgaurd and struggled hard to suppress my laughter and asked her to direct the question at her dad....

No comments:

Post a Comment