Monday, June 9, 2008

Pointy and Scratchy things

After long, long, long..time I took the kids out for the week end..M had a class and I called my friend whose daughter is of same age as the twins..it so happened that she was also looking for a way to mange her daughter that week end as her husband had an exam..so everything worked out and we planned to go for a movie and lunch afterwards. We watched KungFu Panda...and it was too good..of course its the usual kids formula but the way it was animated even made the adults sitting there to enjoy a lot..Sandhya and my friends daughter enjoyed it too well that sometimes we have to Shhhhh....them down to avoid heads turning in our direction..Divya was very quiet ..except for occasional standing up from the seat and jumping back in as the seat folded in with her in it. Later they had like 2 ice pops and a milk shake on top of that caused Sandhya to start on the soar throat episode...she was feverish and tired at the end of the day...next day morning she was grumpy and didn't want to have any breakfast, and said she had some pointy and scratchy things in her throat..:) I coudn't help laughing at the way she described ...well thats exactly the way it feels...but then will it stop her to have more ice creams..nah..since its summer a big bucket of ice cream occupies the freezer as usual and knowing that ice cream is sitting right there in the freezer she was like "Can I have just 1 scoop of ice cream .." when I warned her that she already had pointy and scratchy things she retorted back with this logic.."amma, when I eat the ice cream, since its smooth and slippery all the grems will stick to it and go to my tummy when I swallow the ice cream and will come out in my poop tomorrow and I will not have pain in my throat so you have to give ice cream.."..uhhh...ummm... "NO" this was all I could say using my granted "Amma" authority (which I use often when I don't have the patience to explain or when I just get egoistic and decide that they "have" to listen to what I say) .. I'm still scrambling to find a good answer to oppose her logic and make her agree to what I say.. which is never going to happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment