Friday, November 14, 2008

Indian ghost

I was actually planning to write about this years Halloween but has been putting of as there din't really much out of ordinary happened. Same princess costumes...same parade at school..photos..poses...carry the basket and go for trick or treating in the evening and me just tailing behind them around the neighborhood. Yesterday I happen to read the book "Poultrygeist" at their bedtime. Sandhya had picked that book from the library for this week. I had made a habit of reading books with them at night, so it was sort of spending some one on one time with them at the end of days mad rush..of course there are times I had felt frustrated when they call me to read books when I'm dead tired I had to literally pacify them to just take a book and see the pictures..but I should say they really got in to reading books for which I'm so happy. Coming back to the poultrygeist, it is a story about 2 noisy roosters in a barn who would not listen to the cow and a pig who wanted a quiet environment..so when the Halloween neared, the cow and Pig disguised themselves a ghost and try to scare the roosters to make them not be noisy..after I finished reading the story..Divya was silent for a moment and then asked me "amma, what the difference between a vedhalam and a vampire.." I had already introduced vedhallam and vikraman stories which they liked well and also gave me good space to build up my imaginary stories using the 2 characters vedhalam and vikram...So as I was trying to answer Divya, Sandhya got up with her hands out broad with a gesturing manner and head slightly tilted, with a grown up tone in her voice as if Divya's Q was a silly one.."Divyaa..aa Vedhalam is an Indian ghost and vampire is an American ghost. Vedhalam speaks tamizh and vampire speaks english. vedhalam hangs upside down from the tree but vampire does not and also vampire likes to drink blood from people.." saying this she went back to lie down..I was like Wow that was good, even I would not have thought of so many differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment