Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer

I love the weather currently..its hot but it will not continue for the rest of the week. Its going to get back to normal spring time temperatures which according to me is cold. Having bright sunny warm days really perks up my mood and spirit. I enjoy doing my workouts or yoga which on any cold day is a laborious task which I force myself to do. Its been 3 years since I made workouts and yoga a regular in my daily routine. I did not have any kind of exercise other than feeding and taking care of sandhya and Divya after they were born and even earlier to that I did not have a regular schedule for it. I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant and luckily I lost most of it . Probably that since I was in my 20s my metabolism was good I was not slim, neither was I overweight. Around the time I hit 30 my "doctor" sister was enlightened about working out and she did a very good job of shedding a lot of extra pounds that she had gained over the years after 2 children. So she with all her excitement started nagging me to start on one side and M who had been a regular all the time on the other side. He even got me the membership for the gym he goes. and so I with much frowning started..would go for a day and then forget about it for a month, such was my interest in doing it blaming lack of time, my work, my commute, it looked impossible for me to continue. Then it happened, my dad had a heart attack and underwent a by-pass surgery as his arteries were 95% blocked and on top of this he was diabetic. I had the sad opportunity to watch his struggle post surgery, it was hard for all us around him. At that moment I realized at least for the loved ones around us one should never go through these kind of illness. We cannot control everything but I learned that diabetes, being genetic, we can make a change. It was only after that incident I regularly started going to the gym partly out of fear. Yes , I agree that I cannot totally avoid if its in my gene, I'm just putting up a fight and I agree at first I dreaded the days I had to go to the gym but gradually I started liking it. It sure makes a change in your mood and energy. And now after almost 3 years I love it even more as I reap the benefits out of it in regards to the looks and weight. I just wanted to inspire who ever happens to read this..

No comments:

Post a Comment