Monday, April 20, 2009

Tooth fairy visit

I don't know if I can call it a milestone but Sandhya lost her tooth couple of days back. The new tooth started growing even before the baby tooth started wiggling and fell out. Seeing a new one already growing I said probably I should take her to the dentist and pull the old one out. By the next day evening one of the tooth was already out and other one was wiggling badly attached only barely, I was really shocked. The previous day it was not even wiggling :( she had had her hands on it whole day wiggling it constantly. She was carrying around her fallen tooth in a small Ziploc to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy to pick it up. I offered her the idea of burying it in mud in the backyard remembering what I did when I was young she just dismissed it and proclaimed that she is in fact going to put it under her pillow. Of course the idea of getting money from the tooth fairy obviously was more attractive to her. So the whole evening she was carrying her Ziploc as if it was her pride and asset and Divya following her eyeing longingly on Sandhya's fallen tooth and asking her to show the bare spot in the mouth often. That night she remembered , with added countless reminders from Divya, put it under her pillow and I played the to tooth fairy and replaced the tooth with a dollar bill.

After getting the tooth I didn't know what to do with it as I did not have the heart to throw it in the trash. Call me crazy, but I was staring at that tiny baby tooth on my hand for few minutes..felt a swirl in my stomach..my baby is growing up..this is indeed one of her next milestone physically. I then buried it in the mud next day to just satisfy my fancy :).

So the new tooth with lack of space is growing way back inside than where it should be. hmmm... I can see myself making endless trips to the dentist ..getting ready to write a big check...

P.S. Divya later that night threw a tantrum as she wanted her tooth to fall too she couldn't digest the fact that Sandhya is first to get a visit from Tooth fairy..."all is never fair between siblings"..

No comments:

Post a Comment